Thank you so much evelynfilmfan for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I had an amazing time doing the Liebster Award and had loads of fun doing this one. Before I explain what the Sunshine Blogger Award is, I ask that you please check out evelynfilmfan page on film and television and follow it too.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to a blogger whose blogs bring some sunshine into your life. Just like the Liebster the rules are simple. I answer evelynfilmfan’s 11 questions, make 11 of my own and notify 11 other bloggers that I nominated them to answer my 11 questions. Those who I nominate will then answer my questions, make 11 new questions, and nominate 11 more people and so on and so forth.
Evelynfilmfan’s‘s 11 Questions
- What’s the reason you started writing in the first place? I wanted to share my love of film and television with a large audience. I also needed to find a space where my message would touch numerous people across the globe and writing here on WordPress is the perfect place to do so
- Who is your best movie buddie? If by movie buddie you mean someone you enjoy watching and discussing films with, than I’d say it is my younger sister. We grew up watching some classics together and still always go to the movies with each other. Our taste in films are somewhat similar.
- Which actor or actress makes you want to go to the cinema, before even knowing what the film is about? There are a couple and they are all actresses. I’d have to say Natalie Portman, Kate Winslet and Marion Cotillard.
- Do you rather watch films or series? I’d say films. Sometimes with series you neglect them and don’t revisit them for a while. Whereas with films, its typically just 2 hours of immersing yourself into a story and I thus find it harder to not be able engage myself.
- In your opinion what is the most overrated film/series? In 2016 the most overrated film has to go to Captain America Civil War. I am a huge Marvel fan and was just “whelmed” by it. Very succinctly, I think it is overrated mainly due to the fact that it suffered the same problems as Xmen Apocalypse, yet Civil War is considered better. P.S. I love Apocalypse more.
- What’s your favourite place to watch a film? My favourite place to watch a film is indefinitely the cinema. It is were film is supposed to be watched. I am a person who still gets so excited on my way to the cinema. I can’t wait to sit down and grab my popcorn and I get so jittery when the film starts. Personally its an experience where I can completely lose myself and forget about whatever B.S. is going on in the real world.
- Who is your celebrity crush? This changes every other day but for now I am going to say Zendaya.
- Have you ever been to a city just because it was used as a film location? No I have not! But once I have the money to do so I will. I want to go to Chicago mainly to see Dark Knight filming locations.
- What’s your favourite city you’ve been? New York City undoubtedly. There is literally an infinite amount of places to go, places to eat, places to learn and places for, well, everything!
- If you could make a film what would it be about? Ohhh. Tough question. I have been working on a film for two years now and have shared it with virtually no one. But…I have another original idea about a film that I would like to make.
Basically it follows the story of this young boy, who I have yet to name, and his troubles at home. His mother passed away and his dad is an alcoholic. This boy’s world is really dark, glum and mundane. His daily routine is simply waking up, going to school, coming home to his drunk dad, going to bed and starting over again. He has/had a couple of friends but now completely isolates himself from them. But one day in class, a pinkish meteorite brightens the sky and crashes in the woods next to school. Only the boy and his friends notice it. The boy leaves the classroom and goes outside to see what it is. His friends follow understanding that the class and presumably the rest of the world cannot perceive the pink meteorite. When the boy touches it he disappears and his friends see him vanish. When his friends touch it they disappear too. The pink meteorite has somehow transported the boy into his own mind and brought his friends along with him. The boy, however, is lost in his mind as a result of the difficulties he is facing at home. It is essentially the story of a group of friends trying to find their friend who is “lost”, both literally and mentally, and pull him out of “the darkness”. The friends also venture through his deep subconscious with a tour guide that happens to be the boy’s imaginary friend too.
11. Which film is the biggest disappointment? The film that was the biggest disappointment for me has to be Iron Man 3, another Marvel film. This was supposed to be the conclusion to Stark’s trilogy but instead it we got the equivalent of a click baity movie.
My 11 Questions
1. What are the 5 best films of the decade thus far (so that’s 2010-2016)?
2.Favorite French Film? If you don’t have one, then favorite foreign language film?
3. If you could only watch 5 films for the rest of your life, what would they be?
4.What do you have to say about modern cinema?
5. Anime. Yes or No? Why?
6. What is a television show that you would suggest to anyone?
7.What do you admire most about the WordPress blogosphere?
8.What inspired you to write your blog?
9.What would you like to see your blog evolve into (if you want it to evolve)?
10. What is a blog here on WordPress that you would recommend to anyone and why?
11. What advice would you give to someone who doesn’t know what they want to do in the future?
My 11 Nominations Are:
Please check out all 11 of these wonderful blogs too!