This will be my 80th post on 4therace and I would like to thank Michael J. Miller at My Comic Relief for helping me create it by nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award.! This award is labeled as one, “…….for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.” I am truly humbled by this nomination and thank Michael, a frequent visitor and supporter of my site, for selecting me as one of his 10-20 bloggers! Please do check out his site My Comic Relief which often includes interesting, in depth analysis on comic books and film! Michael has asked me 5 questions which I have to answer, but before doing so let me explain the rules of the award…
Thank you so much evelynfilmfan for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I had an amazing time doing the Liebster Award and had loads of fun doing this one. Before I explain what the Sunshine Blogger Award is, I ask that you please check out evelynfilmfan page on film and television and follow it too.
Thank You So Much FlickBox for nominating me for the Liebster Award! FlickBox is one of my favorite bloggers who writes on a subject that I often write on too, cinema. Before I answer the 11 questions created for FlickBox’s 11 nominees I recommend anyone and everyone to check out and follow FlickBox.
The rules of the Liebster Award are simple!
- Thank those who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Answer the 11 questions that those who nominated you created [for the 11 I nominated the questions are below]
- Let those 11 know you nominated them
- Create 11 Questions for your 11 nominees
FlickBox’s Questions Are:
1. What is your favourite horror movie ?
Not a huge fan of the genre but I would have to say The Cabin in the Woods  directed by Drew Goddard. I love that movie.
2. If you could be a movie bad guy, which one would you be ?
Really tough question but I’d have to say Captain America in Captain America Civil War. In Civil War he is the good bad guy, he is doing the right thing but is technically the antagonists against the world governments and Team Iron Man. If I were Cap at the end of the day I’d still be marked as a rogue but I wouldn’t lose at the end [spoiler alert]!
3. Would you let a movie crew film in your house ?
Of course I would, as long as I got to see the production process.
4. What kind of movie would you like to star in ? Why ?
Any upcoming Star Wars movie. Why? Because the sets, as seen in The Force Awakens, would have so much authenticity and would feel so lively that it would be as if I were actually immersed in one of my favorite cinematic universes.
5. Which movie star should live forever ?
I’d say Robert De Niro.
6. Would you like to be an actor/actress ? Why or why not ?
At the moment no because I’d be way too self-conscience to see myself on screen + I do not like the sound of my voice.
7. Do you think movies have been developing technology or technology has been developing movies ?
I believe that it’s a bit of both. Technology such as virtual reality headsets are propelling cinema further, for example IMAX wanting to create VR cinemas. In other cases technology in film has an influence on real world tech. For example Stanley Kubrick’s 2001 inspired Apple and even Robert Zemeckis’s Back to the Future II inspired Nike, finally, to begin developing the self-lacing sneakers.
8. If you were to be an actor / actress, which director would you like to work with ? And actor ?
Probably Darren Aronofsky. Aronofsky is one of my favorite directors and his films have resonated so strongly with me. All of his films are extremely character driven and really immerse not only the actors but the audience into his stories. Being part of one of his worlds and getting lost in them with co-actors would be an amazing experience. As for an actor I’d love to work with, probably Joseph Gordon Levitt and or Natalie Portman; they seem like really nice people.
9. Would you rather be in a movie, or be given $500.000 ?
I would rather be in a movie because my salary would be more than $500 and I get to part of the magic of cinema. I would love to be in a Star Wars movie as said in number 4.
10. Think of a boring movie you’ve seen. Is there a way to make it better ?
Not to say that the Revenant is boring but it was a bit slow. Don’t get me wrong DiCaprio’s performance was stellar and the cinematography of Emmanuel Lubezki and direction of Alejandro G. Inaritu created an absolutely gorgeous film. However, carrying the movie on Leo’s back for most of the film was a bit tiresome. One way to make it better could’ve been to create a more lyrical score.
11. Which movie has the best story ? Tell me about it.
Really tough question. There is no telling what the best story is, it may not be subjective but it’s incredibly difficult to decide. Some of the best stories are found in Science Fiction and Fantasy films such as Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, you can also find great stories in Tarantino films such as Pulp Fiction and Django Unchained. So I don’t give an expected response, I would like like to say that Princess Mononoke has one of the greatest stories. Even if you are not fond of anime, Princess Mononoke should be a truly engaging experience. At the core it is essentially a story between humans and animals over a forest but dig a little deeper and it’s a film with the strongest characters, a moving plot, an extremely lyrical score, strong themes on deforestation and the evil of humanity. From the first minutes to the very last seconds of the movies climatic battle, viewers will be completely lost in Hayao Miyazaki’s world of Princess Mononoke. PLEASE, PLEASE SEE IT!
My 11 Nominees Are:
FlickBox (Who Nominated Me)
Daisy in the Willows (Extremely special because she is the 10th blogger to ever follow me!)
Mettel Ray (one of my favourite bloggers ever)
My 11 Questions Are:
- What are your 5 favorite films?
- What is the best film you’ve seen in 2016 thus far?
- What are your 3 favorite television shows that you are currently watching?
- If you have one, what was your favorite cartoon series growing up? Why?
- Who are 5 celebrities you’d invite to a dinner?
- Who is your hero or someone you look up to? Why?
- What is your favorite movie franchise [for example Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc.]?
- Who is your favorite female hero on television or film ever? Why?
- Would you rather have a Dragon or a Pegasus?
- Would you rather be able to travel through outer space or time?
- What advice do you have to give to someone who wants to be more confident?
Please check out all 11 of my nominees they are all great nominees!